Skip to main content

Energy bills support

If you’re worried about paying your gas and electricity bills due to the rising prices, help is available from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council and national organisations.

Do you know of a resource that could support people with the cost of living and it is not listed here? Tell us about it.

Advice about paying your bills

Grants and benefits to help pay your energy bills

Energy Bills Support Scheme

The scheme gives £400 off energy bills for all households with a domestic electricity connection in England, Scotland and Wales. This automatic, non-repayable discount will be applied in six instalments between October 2022 and March 2023 to help households through winter.

There is no need to apply for the scheme and you will not be asked for your bank details.

Find out more on GOV.UK

Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Most households in England, Scotland and Wales get a £400 discount on their energy bills automatically. In some cases, you do not get the discount automatically, for example, if you:

  • pay for energy through a landlord, housing manager or site owner
  • live in a park home, houseboat
  • use off the electricity grid

Apply for energy bill support if you do not get it automatically

Alternative Fuel Payments Alternative Funding

Most households will automatically get a £200 Alternative Fuels Payment (AFP) if they:

If you do not get it automatically, you can apply for £200 support to help pay for alternative fuels.

Apply for alternative fuel bill support if you do not get it automatically

Support and guidance with your energy bills and supplier

Energy efficiency advice

There are a number of organisations providing residents with energy advice.

Find out more

Reduce your energy bills

Money Advice Hub

The Citizen’s Advice Bureau is supporting people who are struggling financially or need support to manage the rising cost of living through its new Money Advice Hub. The service is completely free and confidential.

You can access the service online (with video call and web-chat functions) or by calling the freephone number on 0800 808 5622 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm).

Visit the Money Advice Hub