Disabled parking bays
What is a disabled parking bay?
Apply for a disabled parking bay
To be eligible for a disabled parking bay, you must meet the following criteria and provide documentary evidence of each:
- you must have a valid Blue Badge
- you should be the driver of the vehicle requiring the bay (exceptions may be made should the driver reside at the same address)
- the vehicle must be registered at your address
- you should receive one of the following:
- Personal Independence Allowance (PIP) at the enhanced rate for mobility
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at the higher rate for mobility
- Attendance Allowance
Should you meet all the criteria and wish to apply for a disabled parking bay or require further information, please email email@example.com.
The highway conditions will be taken into consideration and a disabled parking bay will not be provided in locations that may compromise public safety, such as:
- on a bend
- on the brow of a hill
- close to a junction
- within a turning head
- where a road is too narrow
- where parking is prohibited (e.g. on yellow lines or zig-zag lines)
There are also restrictions on the number of disabled parking bays in one street.