Skip to main content

Housing and accommodation support

Whether you’re a council tenant or live in private accommodation, support is available if you’re worried about rising housing costs or homelessness.

Do you know of a resource that could support people with the cost of living and it is not listed here? Tell us about it.

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Housing department

The Council’s housing service can help with a number of housing related issues, including if you’re homeless or at risk of losing your home.

TWBC website - Housing section

Town & Country Housing

In addition to general needs homes, they offer a wide range of housing, including key worker, shared ownership and specialist accommodation including a women’s refuge, housing for people with learning and physical disabilities, and a hostel for ex-offenders.

Town & Country Housing website

Paddock Wood Community Advice Centre

PWCAC provides a free, confidential, and impartial advice service.  They can give advice and support on debt and money, employment, housing and homelessness, mental health support and welfare benefits matters.

Opening hours: Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 1:30pm and offer face-to-face appointments as well as a drop-in service.

Paddock Wood Community Advice Centre website

Citizens Advice North and West Kent

Tunbridge Wells and District Citizens Advice has merged with Citizens Advice North and West Kent. They provide the advice people need for the problems they face. They offer information and advice on a wide range of issues to those living or working in the North and West Kent Area (Tunbridge Wells, Dartford, Swanley, Gravesham, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge).

Opening hours:

Royal Victoria Place
Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm.

Cranbrook Library
Wednesdays 10am to 12.30pm for drop-ins, 2pm to 4pm for pre-booked appointments.

Citizens Advice North and West Kent website


The national housing charity offers a webchat service to discuss your housing needs with a trained member of staff.

Shelter website

Money Advice Hub

The Citizen’s Advice Bureau is supporting people who are struggling financially or need support to manage the rising cost of living through its new Money Advice Hub. The service is completely free and confidential.

You can access the service online (with video call and web-chat functions) or by calling the freephone number on 0800 808 5622 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm).

Visit the Money Advice Hub