Change in circumstances
You must tell us if your circumstances change
We need to be told about any change as it may affect your benefit payments. You still need to tell us about your change even if you have told another organisation, such as the Jobcentre.
We need to be told as soon as the change happens and will need to see proof of your changes.
The quickest and easiest way to tell us about a change in your circumstances and supply proof is by email.
If you need to let us know you have moved, or will be moving house, please use our online form.
Before you start
- your benefit reference and National Insurance number
- details of the property you are moving to and from
- the date you are moving
- details of all those who will be living with you
- your Tenancy Agreement
Stop your benefit claim
If you no longer wish to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you should tell us immediately. Please use our online form to let us know.
Before you start
You will need:
- your benefit reference (a nine digit number that begins with a 4)
- your National Insurance number
Things that may change your circumstances
- increase/decrease in earnings
- change in other benefits
- receiving benefit or benefit stopping
- change in pension
- receiving pension or pension ending
- bank or building society accounts capital/savings increase or decrease
- receiving capital/savings including property and land
- increase/decrease in stocks and shares
- a birth
- a death
- child leaving school
- someone is leaving or joining your home
- a disability
- someone is going in to or coming out of hospital
- fostering a child
- adopting a child
Supplying proof of your changes
We will need to see proof of your changes, you can supply the proof:
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
PO Box 1358
Please note this is not a Freepost address.
Bring them to The Amelia Scott, Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells.