Skip to main content

Change in circumstances

You must tell us if your circumstances change

We need to be told about any change as it may affect your benefit payments. You still need to tell us about your change even if you have told another organisation, such as the Jobcentre.

We need to be told as soon as the change happens and will need to see proof of your changes.

If you are not sure if the change will affect your benefit please tell us anyway.

The quickest and easiest way to tell us about a change in your circumstances and supply proof is by email.

Email us

Things that may change your circumstances

  • increase/decrease in earnings
  • change in other benefits
  • receiving benefit or benefit stopping
  • change in pension
  • receiving pension or pension ending
  • bank or building society accounts capital/savings increase or decrease
  • receiving capital/savings including property and land
  • increase/decrease in stocks and shares
  • a birth
  • a death
  • marriage
  • child leaving school
  • someone is leaving or joining your home
  • a disability
  • someone is going in to or coming out of hospital
  • fostering a child
  • adopting a child
  • moving into a new home or moving out of your home
  • increase/decrease in rent
  • a change in the type of tenancy you have

Supplying proof of your changes

We will need to see proof of your changes, you can supply the proof:

By email

Send us your proof of changes to

By post

Benefits Section
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
PO Box 1358
ME14 9US

Please note this is not a Freepost address.

In person

Bring them to The Amelia Scott, Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells.