The West Kent Partnership refers to Dartford Borough Council, Sevenoaks District Council, Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council and Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. Residents aged 18+ living within the West Kent Partnership have the ability to access the One You Kent lifestyle Service and 12-week weight management services in any of locations listed above. Each respective Council will act as the Data Controller for participants they are working with.
- The One You Kent lifestyle service; up to 1 year of free lifestyle advice is available to anyone living within the West Kent Partnership. Lifestyle advice and support covers the following topics:
- losing weight and eating healthier
- quitting smoking
- moving more
- drinking less alcohol
- improving mental wellbeing
- support is also available to help people to connect with their community and get housing, debt and employment advice
- 12 week weight management services; as part of the One You Kent lifestyle service, the West Kent Partnership offer free 12 week weight management support to support residents looking to make changes to their weight and healthy eating.
You may be referred by a third party or may self-refer to the One You Kent Lifestyle service. If you are referred by a third party then we will only make contact with you if we are able to confirm that you have given your consent for us to do so. Your referrer should discuss your referral to our service before the referral is made.
Self referral can be achieved on the One You Referral form found on the Kent County Council website. Within each referral form you are asked to provide some mandatory personal information which enables us to make contact with you effectively and understand what service you are looking for.
With your consent, service providers within the West Kent Partnership will collect a range of personal information from you to support your involvement in the One You Kent lifestyle service.
This may include:
- Information that can identify you as an individual; name, date of birth. This helps us to manage a case record for you on our database.
- We may request to collect sensitive personal data (Special Categories of personal data) from you; this data enables us to understand our service users and the types of people who are able to access our service.
- Your contact information; address, telephone, email. This enables us to make contact with you throughout the service so we can support your involvement.
- Information relating to your accessibility needs; this helps us to provide the right support to enable you to access the One You Kent lifestyle service.
- During your time within the One You Kent lifestyle service, we will request information on your health, wellbeing, socialisation, housing, debt and employment. This information ensures you get access to the right support. We will also use this information for monitoring and evaluation purposes to demonstrate the impact the One You Kent service has been able to make on your health and wellbeing.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers located in England.
Refer-all Limited have been commissioned by the West Kent Partnership to provide access to the database 'ReferAll'. The database provides a secure, web based, password protected location for the storage and management of the personal information you provide during your involvement with the One You Kent lifestyle service.
Any data held on 'ReferAll' is compliant with 'The NHS Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care 2020' which requires information to be retained for a period of 8 years before it is anonymised or destroyed. Therefore as a participant of the One You Kent lifestyle service, your patient record will be anonymised on 'ReferAll' 8 years after your last engagement with the service to prevent your identification as a participant of this service.
If you are referred or self-refer to the One You Kent lifestyle service but do not take part in the 'Initial Assessment' (as a minimum) then your referral record will be retained for a period of two years only before it is anonymised. However in the instance that you re-engage with the One You Kent lifestyle service and complete the take part in the 'Initial Assessment' (as a minimum), then your retention period will defer to 8 years as detailed above.
The West Kent Partnership is commissioned by Kent County Council to deliver the One You Kent lifestyle service. As such, we provide Kent County Council with anonymised reporting demonstrating the impact we have had on the health and wellbeing of our service users. Please note it is not possible to identify any participant of the One You Kent lifestyle service from this report.
With your consent, we may refer you onto other health, social care or voluntary and community sector services that are not part of the One You Kent lifestyle service. This ensures that you receive access to the best support to meet your individual needs. A referral will not be issued unless we have your consent to do so.
With your consent, we may involve alternate services whilst working with you. This may be to support your accessibility to the service i.e. translation/interpretation, support workers etc. Or may be to address a specialist need for support that you may have i.e. Local Authority Housing, Debt Support, Employment, Benefits services. Data sharing is intended to help support an issue you may be facing which may be having an inadvertent effect on your progress within One You Kent lifestyle services.
In accordance with safeguarding best practice, there may be occasions where we have to make a referral on your behalf without your consent. This will be done if you disclose (or we suspect) that you (or any other) may be at risk of harm to yourself or others. This will result in a referral to emergency services (i.e. police, ambulance) and/or a referral to social care services.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be told how and why we will use your information, how it will be held and when it will be disposed of. In some cases, you will be directed to this Privacy Notice and in other cases you may be given additional information by a particular Council service.
Right to access
You have a right to receive from us a copy of the information that we hold about you and for us to confirm whether any of your data is currently being processed. Sometimes we will not be able to provide you with all of this information, for example if it includes someone else’s personal information.
Right to rectification
You have a right to ask us to correct inaccurate or misleading personal data we hold about you. This right may not apply if the misleading or inaccurate information is merely someone’s opinion, or if we are satisfied the information is correct.
Right to erasure
You have a right for your personal data to be erased, also known as the right to be forgotten. You have this right, for example, if we no longer need your personal data or if you have withdrawn your consent.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to limit how we process your personal data in certain circumstances. This is usually if you have a problem with the accuracy of the data, or how we are using it. The restriction will usually last until the problem can be resolved.
Right to data portability
Where you have given your consent for us to use your information you may also have a right for data portability. If so, you would have a right to receive a copy of the information you provided to us, or request us to pass it to another data controller, so it can be reused.
Right to object
You have a right to ask us to stop using your personal data if we are using it for direct marketing or we have said that it is a task in the public interest, exercising official authority or for a legitimate interest.
You have the right to question decisions made about you by a computer. The One You Kent registration form will consider your location (based on the postcode you supply) to decide whether you are eligible to receive the One You Kent lifestyle service.