MyTWBC account Privacy Notice
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Telephone: 01892 526121
We collect information from you when you visit our website (opens in a new window); also when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication (including registering online for MyTWBC) or talk to us face to face.
We may also collect your information from other Council service teams.
We collect personal information such as your name and address, and for some services, financial information, or sensitive information such as your health and medication details.
We collect this information to provide you with a service you have requested from us by registering for an online MyTWBC customer account. You can withdraw your consent for us to use this information at any time, and we will stop using it. But please be aware that we may be unable to continue providing you with the MyTWBC account service if you do so.
We collect your information to enable the Council’s Customer Services team to provide a location based and customer information service (MyTWBC) in a single account view including (but not limited to):
- Bin collection information
- Council Tax balance and payments
- Details of reports near your address
- Information about your local councillors
- Garden waste subscription information
- Planning applications near your address
- MyTWBC weekly email newsletter
- Case tracking of any reports and requests you have logged with us through your MyTWBC account
- Supporting the provision of a personalised, quick and well-informed Customer Services response to any enquiries you make of us.
We will share your information and any updates with other departments within Tunbridge Wells Borough Council involved in providing the services listed on your MyTWBC account. Their privacy notices are available on our website.
The information we collect will be stored by Maidstone Borough Council on our behalf. Maidstone Borough Council's privacy information can be viewed here. It will also be stored by Granicus, our software providers. We will not normally share your information with organisations other than those that we are contracted with (for example, our refuse collection service) without your consent.
- Access - you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification - you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion - you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability - you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing - you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions - you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will retain it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires we will delete your information from our records. If you would like to know the retention periods for our most common forms of information, please see our Retention Schedule or Record of Processing Activity on our website.
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them on our privacy and cookies page.
If you would like to make a complaint about the use of your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection Act, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Alternatively, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website or email email@example.com.