Piercing, tattooing, acupuncture and electrolysis
You need to register for a licence with us to provide any of the following treatments:
- semi-permanent skin colouring (includes micro blading)
- cosmetic piercing (body and ear piercing)
Registration ensures that businesses carrying out these practices meet with the essential hygiene and health and safety standards.
Make an application
Before you start
You will need:
- the name and contact details of the applicant(s)
- the address of the premises where treatments will take place
- to have read the byelaws for special treatments document
- a credit or debit card to make the fee payment
Fees and registration
There is a fee of £320 per application which includes one treatment type. For each extra treatment type there is a fee of £54.50.
If you choose to register for an extra treatment at a later date you will need to pay the full £320 again.
Registration applies in the same way to guest artists where cosmetic piercing, tattooing, semi-permanent skin-colouring, electrolysis or acupuncture occurs. Those attending trade fairs or similar events will be determined on a case-by-case basis.