Nominations for Kent County Council, Borough and Parish elections
The Notice of Election will be published on Friday 19 March 2021, which means we will accept nominations from Monday 22 March during the hours stated on the notice.
Completed nomination forms must be delivered to the following address and not to the Tunbridge Wells Gateway:
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Kent, TN1 1RS
You must ensure that you book an appointment with the elections team to submit your nomination papers. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that nominations can be submitted by courier if necessary. Should you choose to use this option it is ultimately your responsibility that they reach us.
Prior to officially submitting nomination papers we would encourage you to send them to us by email for an informal check to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will reduce the need for candidates and agents to take their nomination papers away with them if they are not correct when formally submitting to amend them.
If you require paper copies of these packs, please let us know and we can print and post them to you.
We have organised two candidates and agents’ briefings to provide information for standing as a candidate this year.
The first briefing will take place on Wednesday 10 March 2021 at 6.30pm, this will cover Parish elections. For more information on standing in the Kent County Council and Borough elections, a separate briefing will be held on Thursday 11 March 2021 at 6.30pm. These events will explain the nomination process and provide important information about standing for election, so we would encourage all those wishing to submit nomination forms to attend.
Borough and KCC nomination papers, along with guidance for party and independent candidates, can be found on the Local elections in England page of The Electoral Commission website.
Parish nomination papers, along with guidance for party and independent candidates, can be found on the Parish elections in England page of The Electoral Commission website.
Important dates for the 2021 local elections are as follows:
- Delivery of nomination papers
From the date stated on the notice of election up to 4pm on Thursday 8 April
- Deadline for withdrawals of nomination
4pm on Thursday 8 April
- Publication of statement of persons nominated
No later than 4pm on Friday 9 April
- Deadline for receiving applications for registration
Monday 19 April
- Deadline for receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or postal proxy votes
5pm on Tuesday 20 April
- Deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxies)
5pm on Tuesday 27 April
- Deadline for notification of appointment of polling and counting agents
Wednesday 28 April
- First date electors can apply for a replacement for lost/spoilt postal votes
Thursday 29 April
- Polling Day
7am to 10pm on Thursday 6 May
- Last time electors can apply for a replacement for spoilt or lost postal votes
5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Deadline for emergency proxy applications
5pm on Thursday 6 May
- Delivery of return as to election expenses (Parish council elections only)
Thursday 3 June
- Delivery of return as to election expenses (Borough and KCC)
35 calendar days after the date the election result is declared