Elections job vacancies
Each election requires hundreds of staff to ensure it runs smoothly.
We are looking to recruit motivated staff to fill a number of important paid roles on election days. There are a variety of opportunities available, such as:
Full training is provided and you can apply for more than one role.
We would love to hear from you if you're interested in getting involved.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You will need to provide your National Insurance number, and a copy of your passport or relevant supporting information which confirms you are entitled to work in the UK.
- Polling and count staff must not work on behalf of a candidate during an election campaign, nor be related to a prospective candidate.
What you need to know
- Election roles are paid on a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) basis, which means that tax may be deducted from earnings. If you are not a tax payer you will be responsible for claiming the tax back from HMRC.
- Any work that you do may affect any state pension or benefit that you receive. You will be responsible for telling your pension or benefit provider about your earnings.
How to apply
To apply, please complete our online application form.
If you have any questions about the roles or how to apply, please contact the Elections team by email to email@example.com