Skip to main content

Invitation to register

Invitation to register (ITR) forms are sent out to individuals who are not currently on the Electoral Register. We send them out when a new person is included on a canvass form.

If you have received a form, you will need to complete it to join the Electoral Register.

The easiest way to do this is on the government website;

Register to vote

You will need your National Insurance number to register to vote.

Your National Insurance number will usually appear on official documents from the Department of Work and Pensions, HM Revenues and Customs or on payslips. If you do not know your National Insurance number you can use the online government enquiry service or call 0300 200 3502

You do not need to complete and return your ITR if you register online.

If you recently registered online and have still received an ITR, it may have been produced prior to us receiving your online application.

If you are having problems completing your application online you can contact our Electoral Services team who will be able to assist you. Alternatively staff at the Tunbridge Wells Gateway or the Weald Information centre will be able to help you complete your application.