Some of the document downloads on this page do not meet accessibility standards and will not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you would like any of the documents in an accessible format please contact us.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council elections took place on Thursday 5 May 2022.
Notices of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations
Statements of persons nominated
Notices of election agents' names and offices
Notice of Uncontested Election
Notice of elections
Register to vote at these elections
You can register to vote at the Government's Register to vote page.
The registration deadline is Thursday 14 April 2022.
Stand as a candidate at these elections
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for either the Borough Council or for Benenden Parish Council, please contact email@example.com for a nominations pack.
Nominations to stand as a candidate must be returned to the Town Hall by 4pm on Tuesday 5 April 2022. This is a legal deadline and cannot be moved for any reason.
Candidate’s and Agent’s Briefings
Online candidate’s and agent’s briefings will be give on Tuesday 8 March and Wednesday 9 March at 6pm via MSTeams.
If you are interested in standing for election to either the Borough Council or the Parish Council, then you may want to attend one of these briefings, which will provide more information on the election timetable, the nominations process, campaigning and codes of conduct during the election, and completing your spending returns.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access the link to the briefing.
Election Timetable Key Dates
- Publication of Notice of Election, Monday 21 March 2022
- Nominations Period Opens, 12pm Monday 21 March 2022
- Nominations Period Closes, 4pm Tuesday 5 April 2022
- Deadline for receiving applications to register to vote for these elections, midnight, Thursday 14 April 2022
- Deadline for receiving postal vote and postal proxy vote applications (and changes to existing applications), 5pm Tuesday 19 April 2022
- Deadline for receiving proxy vote applications, 5pm Tuesday 26 April 2022
- Publication of Notice of Poll, Tuesday 26 April 2022
- First date for applications for replacement of lost or spoilt postal votes, Thursday 28 April 2022
- Polling day, 7am to 10pm, Thursday 5 May 2022
- Deadline for emergency proxy vote applications, 5pm Thursday 5 May 2022
The counting of the votes will take place at the Assembly Hall Theatre on Friday 6 May 2022. This is not a public event, but candidates, election agents and guests of candidates, alongside the press, will be invited to attend.
The results of the election will be published on the Council’s website on Friday 6 May 2022.