Skip to main content

Check your Council Tax band

Use this service to check the Council Tax band of your property

Before you start

You can search by:

  • Postcode; or
  • Part of an address

Search now

Council Tax bands are set by the Valuation Office Agency, part of HM Revenue & Customs.

Every home is allocated one of eight bands, A to H. The banding is based on the open market value of the property at 1 April 1991.

You can check the Council Tax band for any home in England or Wales on GOV.UK.