Hawkenbury Recreation Ground
Hawkenbury Recreation Ground can be accessed by vehicles from Hawkenbury Road, or pedestrian access from Dorset Road, offering facilities for all the family including:
- a play area
- three tennis courts - one hard surface, and two grass
- astroturf for five-a-side and hockey
- grass football pitches - one senior, one junior, and one mini
- cricket pitch
- stoolball and rounders
- changing facilities
- toilets located in the centre of the park
- a small car park off Hawkenbury Road
We don't charge for use of tennis and other courts, but to hire the astroturf, football or cricket pitches please contact the Parks team to book. When a tennis school is running this can also be booked through the Parks team.
We are looking to help set up friends groups for St John’s and Hawkenbury Recreation Grounds. If you would be interested in becoming a member of these new groups please contact the Parks team.