Skip to main content

Event planning toolkit

If you want to apply to hold an event in any of our parks, public roads, or spaces, this now needs to be done on-line using the step by step Event Planning Toolkit. Before you apply you may wish to read our 'Organising Events - Can Do Guide'. Send a request to and we'll email you a copy.

Please remember to apply at least 12-weeks in advance of your event, as you could be requested to attend the Tunbridge Wells Safety Advisory Group to talk about the safety provisions, or you may need to apply for a temporary road closure or other licences and permissions.

There are charges to hold events in the Tunbridge Wells Parks; details can also be obtained by emailing

Street parties and fetes are a traditional part of community life. Everyone on your street can join in and it's a great way to get to know your neighbours. Residents wishing to hold a street party can read guidance for organising a street party on the GOV.UK website.

The government has produced a community guide setting out a few simple measures that can help you celebrate with bonfires and fireworks safely. It includes safety tips for hosting and enjoying your own safe fireworks party, and on having a safe bonfire, as well as what to consider if you are attending an organised fireworks display.

It is compulsory for you to comply with all the necessary health, safety and licensing requirements. For guidance on event planning, management and key health, safety and licensing requirements, please visit the UK Health and Safety website.

The Health and Safety Executive has published revised guidance for the operators of inflatable equipment. The revised inflatables guidance can be found on the HSE website.

If you have any questions regarding organising an event in Tunbridge Wells please email

Once you are ready to begin your application simply click on the Event App icon below.

The Event App icon

Some documents on this page may not be in an accessible format. If you require any documents in an accessible format, please complete our online form to request them.