Parking Admin Privacy Notice
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Telephone: 01892 526121
We collect information from you when you visit our website; also when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or talk to us face to face.
We collect personal information about you such as your vehicle make, colour, registration number and your name and address. We don’t collect other information you may feel is sensitive to you.
We collect this information to process a Penalty Charge Notice in accordance with the Traffic Management Act (2004). In order for us to do this, we must obtain the registered keeper’s name and address from the DVLA or from a hire company if the vehicle is part of a hire agreement.
We use it to process your Penalty Charge Notice from when it is issued to your vehicle until it is closed. We won't use it for any other purposes without your consent, or without telling you first.
Sometimes we have to give it to other authorities, organisations or people. This would be for the prevention or detection of crime, or because of legal matters, for example. We don't need your consent to do this, but if we can, we'll let you know if we've passed your information on.
We may share your information with the following:
- ICES, our software provider, will store your information. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- EPC PLC will use your information, if your vehicle is registered in another country, but only on our instructions. They won’t use it for any other reasons, and they have to look after it in the same way we would. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- Traffic Penalty Tribunal may use your information, but only on your and our instructions when a decision is required for an appeal. They won’t use it for any other reasons, and they have to look after it in the same way we would. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- The Traffic Enforcement Centre may use your information, but only on our and/or your instructions if the Penalty Charge Notice is registered as an unpaid debt. They won’t use it for any other reasons, and they have to look after it in the same way we would. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- Mid Kent Enforcement Services (debt collection agency) may use your information, but only on our instructions if your Penalty Charge Notice has been registered as an unpaid debt and a Warrant of Control has been authorised. They won’t use it for any other reasons, and they have to look after it in the same way we would. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- Maidstone Borough Council stores your information on our behalf. You can view their privacy information on their website.
- We will also share your information with other services within Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, to improve services and ensure best value for residents of the borough.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information we process?
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
We keep hold of your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will keep it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires we will delete your information from our records. For further information please see our retention schedule.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
What are cookies and why are they used?
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them at on our privacy and cookies page.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Alternatively, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website or email email@example.com.