Support for Ukrainian nationals Privacy Notice
We are processing (using) the data you provide us with to offer support to Ukrainian nationals fleeing the war in Ukraine under the Government's Homes for Ukraine scheme (opens in a new window). This support will also be extended to individuals or families in the borough who are hosting a Ukrainian national under the Government scheme.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Telephone: 01892 526121
The type(s) of data that we will hold about you are:
- personal data, including your full name, address, telephone number and email address
- other data, including details of any skill(s) or experience you may have to offer
We collect this information so we can match requests from Ukrainian nationals or their hosts with offers of support from volunteers.
Requests for support may come directly from the Ukrainian national or their host, or from an organisation or local group working to support them.
Our lawful basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
We may share your data with one or more of the following, who may use it to provide support and advice to Ukrainian nationals or their hosts:
- other departments within Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
- local charities or groups who are coordinating support for Ukrainian nationals and their hosts
All data held by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council is stored securely on servers within the UK and will not be sent outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Only limited people within the organisation, and designated representatives of those listed above will have access to your data. The data will only be held in password protected, electronic format, stored on servers within the EEA.
Data held by us will be destroyed in line with our own data retention policy.
Where data is shared with others (as above) the data will be destroyed in line with their own retention policies, or immediately upon our instruction.
You have a right to:
- be informed about how we will use your personal data (see this privacy notice)
- request access to your personal data (a Subject Access Request)
- request a copy of your personal data in an accessible (machine readable) format
- object to the way in which your data is used by us
- ask us to rectify your personal data (if you believe it to be incorrect)
- ask us to delete your personal data
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal data
- ask us to process your information using human decision making (rather than automation or computer decision making)
We do not have to grant any requests resulting from the exercise of your rights above, but we do have to respond to you as soon as possible (or within one month) with reasons why we have denied them.
Where you have requested to exercise your rights under data protection laws, we will notify all other recipient organisations of your request. They will consider your request separately and may or may not grant the request depending on their own assessment.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection Act, please contact Jane Clarke, Data Protection Officer, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, email@example.com, or call 01892 554077.
If you wish to make a complaint about how the Council is handling your data, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer at via their website or call 0303 123 1113.