Photography (Events) Privacy Notice
- service users and customers
- school children
- council employees
- contact details, including name, address, telephone number and email address
- details of when consent was provided
We collect this information to enable us to promote our services and events, provide information, encourage take up, change behaviours and enhance the reputation of the council.
- internally within the council for the above purposes
- event and marketing companies who run marketing campaigns/ events on our behalf
- local and national press
- trusted partner organisations and other government agencies where we provide joint services or events.
- council website
- council social media such as Facebook
- in posters, brochures, leaflets and guides
- in the local or national press
- training documents
- internal and external presentations
- other council publications such as reports and strategies
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will keep it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires, we will delete your information from our records.
See our Retention Schedule for further details.
What security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration, or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
What are cookies and why are they used?
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience.
View what cookies we use and how you can manage them on our privacy and cookies page.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy, and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.