Mayoral Service Privacy Notice
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
We collect information from you when you visit our website; also when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or talk to us face to face.
We collect personal information such as your name, address, email or telephone number.
In a case where you are invited to an event hosted by the Mayor, we may request dietary or special requirements for the purpose of the event.
Our legal basis for using your information is:
The processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
We collect this information in order to provide you with a service you have requested from us. You can tell us to stop using your information at any time. But we may have to stop providing the service to you.
The information Mayoral Services collect will be stored by Maidstone Borough Council on our behalf. You can view their privacy information on their website.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information we process?
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will keep it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires we will delete your information from our records. For further information please see our retention schedule.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
What are cookies and why are they used?
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them at on our privacy and cookies page.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office