Street naming and numbering
What happens once the application has been received?
- Applications are checked.
- The Council consults with ward councillors and the parish council (where applicable). The consultation period is 14 working days.
- Once the new street name or names have been confirmed, the Council applies to Royal Mail for their comments (5 to 15 working days).
- The official Street Naming and Numbering notice is issued and sent to the applicant/developer and statutory bodies.
- Timescale – approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Please note applications may involve research or consultation between the Street Naming and Numbering team, and applicants which may therefore extend timescales.
- You must be the owner of the property or land you are applying for.
- New developments including conversions must have been granted planning permission before applying.
- We will require detailed plans indicating the plot numbers and floor plans you require us to change, correct or register.
- Applications may be rejected if the correct information is not supplied.
- We are unable to address plots of land.
Damaged or missing street signs
PDF 358.1 KB
PDF 276.6 KB
PDF 76.3 KB