Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA)
The Submission Local Plan has been informed by the Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA), part of the larger supporting evidence that has informed the Local Plan.
There is a main SHELAA dated January 2021, along with two, more recent, addendums.
The first addendum is dated April 2021 and provides the site assessment for Land to west of Tilsden Lane, Cranbrook (Reference: DPC23).
The second addendum is dated October 2021 and provides the site assessments for those new sites submitted during the Pre-Submission Local Plan Regulation 19 consultation.
Together these provide an assessment of all the sites considered as part of the preparation of the Submission Local Plan.
The full SHELAA documents can be viewed below, with site assessment sheets grouped by parish or settlement.
Site plans for each individual site assessed by the Council in the SHELAA are provided alongside their respective site assessment sheet. However, all sites can also be found on the Submission Local Plan SHELAA Interactive Map for reference.
Sites are recorded as falling into one of the following categories:
- Call for Site sites (numbered between 1 - 461);
- Late Sites (prefixed ‘LS’ on the interactive map) received after the Call for Sites closed, but prior to 22 February 2019;
- Draft Local Plan submissions (prefixed DPC) submitted during the Regulation 18 consultation;
- Further Sites (prefixed ‘FS’) submitted between 22 February 2019 – June 2020, not including those sites submitted during the Regulation 18 Draft Local Plan consultation;
- Pre-Submission Local Plan allocations not falling into above categories (prefixed ‘PSLP’);
- Site Allocations Local Plan (2016) sites previously allocated for 10 or more dwellings which were not submitted but have not yet been developed (prefixed ‘SALP’);
- Sites submitted during the Pre-Submission Local Plan Regulation 19 consultation (prefixed PSPC); and,
- Strategic Sites Options (prefixed by settlement reference).
Where there is * please also see the SHELAA addendum dated April 2021.
Where there is ** please also see the SHELAA addendum dated October 2021.
Some documents on this page may not be in an accessible format. If you require any documents in an accessible format, please complete our online form to request them.
* SHELAA addendum dated April 2021
** SHELAA addendum dated October 2021
This addendum covers updates to the following:
- Brenchley and Matfield Parish Sites
- Frittenden Parish Sites
- Horsmonden Parish Sites
- Paddock Wood Sites
- Pembury Parish Sites
- Royal Tunbridge Wells Sites