Skip to main content

Report graffiti

Use this service to report graffiti on public property.

Before you start

We only have the authority to clean up graffiti (illicit writing or drawings) in public or council owned spaces.  This means we cannot deal with graffiti on:

  • commercial or industrial property (including businesses, shops or hoardings)
  • private residential or housing association property
  • railways
  • water courses
  • phone boxes, postboxes or sub stations

Start now

What is public property

Public property includes council owned:

  • buildings, fences, walls or boundaries
  • parks, play areas and play equipment
  • car parks

It also includes things like:

  • monuments and some memorials
  • street furniture (benches, bus stops and sign posts)
  • litter bins and bollards

We are unable to remove graffiti from private property (including houses), this is the responsibility of the property owner.

If the graffiti is on a housing association property you will need to contact them directly.

Reporting graffiti on other property

You should contact the owner directly to report graffiti on property not owned by us.