Apply for a resident's parking permit
There are eight resident parking zones run by the Borough Council, six in Tunbridge Wells, one in High Brooms and one in Paddock Wood.
If your address is eligible within one of these zones, you can apply for a permit.
Before you start
You will need to create an online account as part of the application process.
You may also need to provide:
Proof of vehicle
- either a V5C
- new keepers supplement or
- insurance certificate in the applicant's name.
Company vehicles require a letter from the company detailing the applicants name and vehicle details.
Proof of address
You will need to provide one of the following:
- a utility bill
- bank statement
- tenancy agreement or
- Council Tax bill
Permit holders cannot be guaranteed a space, and are only valid in the 12-month period if you continue to be resident of the property you applied for.
Permits cannot be transferred to another person or property (regardless of whether it is within the same zone or how long you have had the permit). No refunds are issued for residents permits.
- Zones A, B, C, D, HB, HA and PW may have up to 2 permits and the virtual voucher equivalent of a maximum of 50 full days of visitor vouchers per rolling 12 month period. These can be purchased in blocks of either 10 full days or 20 sessions of 4 hours (half days).
- Zone G is now full. Any new applicants will be added to the bottom of the waiting list and contacted if a space becomes available.
- Zone A, B, C, D and G valid permit holders can park between 6pm and 8am the following day, at no extra charge, in the following car parks:
- Great Hall
- Meadow Road*
- Crescent Road
*Meadow Road car park is closed from 11pm until 6am the following day.