A car club is a membership scheme that offers people use of a car, on a pay-as-you-go basis.
It provides easy and affordable access to a car when needed, without the cost and inconvenience of owning it.
It can be an attractive alternative to car ownership, or to having a second car in the household.
Just book, drive and return the car.
You can find out how easy it is to join the Tunbridge Wells Co-wheels Car Club and how much the scheme costs on the Co-Wheels website.
There are eight car club cars located in and around Royal Tunbridge Wells in their own dedicated car parking space:
- Amherst Road
- Good Station Road
- Grove Hill Road
- Mount Ephraim
- Mount Pleasant Road - Civic Way by Assembly Hall Theatre
- Mount Pleasant Road - opposite the Railway station
- Quarry Road
- Warwick Park
- Book a car online or by phone, weeks ahead or with just a few minutes’ notice
- Unlock the car with your swipe card. It’s clean and ready to go
- Drive for as long as you’ve booked it for, anything from an hour to a weekend or more
- When you’ve finished, simply return your car to the same location, without the hassle of finding a car parking space
- Payment is taken from your account. You get a breakdown by email or text message. No forms, no fuss
- People who drive less than 8,000 miles per year and who join a car club can save up to £3,500 a year
- People who drive fewer miles can benefit from improved health by walking, cycling, and using public transport more
- Car club members consistently have higher use of sustainable modes of travel (CoMoUK Car Club Annual Report UK 2021), which helps with reducing air pollution and carbon emissions
Businesses can become car club members for staff who need to make occasional journeys.
Being part of a car club can help you make changes to reducing car use and demonstrate your commitment to the environment
Anyone who wishes to set up a corporate account should contact the Co-wheels business team.