A car club is a membership scheme that offers people use of a car, on a pay-as-you-go basis.
It provides easy and affordable access to a car when needed, without the cost and inconvenience of owning it.
It can be an attractive alternative to car ownership, or to having a second car in the household.
Just book, drive and return the car.
You can find out how easy it is to join the Tunbridge Wells Co-wheels Car Club and how much the scheme costs on the Co-Wheels website.
There are six Co-Wheels cars located in and around Royal Tunbridge Wells in their own dedicated car parking space:
- Crescent Road Car Park - Electric vehicle
- Grove Hill Road
- Mount Ephraim
- Mount Pleasant Road - opposite the Town Hall
- Mount Pleasant Road - opposite the Railway station
- Quarry Road
- Book a car online or by phone, weeks ahead or with just a few minutes’ notice
- Unlock the car with your swipe card. It’s clean and ready to go
- Drive for as long as you’ve booked it for, anything from an hour to a weekend or more
- When you’ve finished, simply return your car to the same location, without the hassle of finding a car parking space
- Payment is taken from your account. You get a breakdown by email or text message. No forms, no fuss
- People who drive less than 8,000 miles per year and who join a car club can save up to £3,500 a year
- People who drive fewer miles can benefit from improved health by walking, cycling, and using public transport more