Street trading and market stalls
You must have a licence to sell goods or provide a service in public.
For the purposes of street trading, streets are labelled as ‘prohibited’ or ‘consent’ streets. ‘Prohibited’ streets cannot be traded on, ‘consent’ streets can be with a licence. The location of prohibited and consented streets in Tunbridge Wells can be found in our Street Trading Policy. The policy also includes a map.
You will need to provide the following to apply for a street trading licence:
- A completed and signed application form
- The application fee
- Where the proposed activity will take place at a fixed position, a map of at least 1:200 scale should be submitted clearly identifying the proposed location by marking the site boundary with a red line
- Two colour photographs of the trading unit showing different level of the unit
- A copy of the certificate of insurance covering third party and public liability risks to the level of £5 million
- 2 colour passport photographs of the applicant
Failure to comply with conditions may lead to revocation of a consent.
Failure to comply with the conditions (as set out in the act) may lead to a removal of a consent or prosecution under paragraph 10 of Schedule 4 of our Street Trading Policy.