Skip to main content

Caravan and camping sites

You will need to apply to the council for a caravan and camping site licence and you will need to have planning permission before you can apply.

You don’t need a licence to run a caravan site if:

  • forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers) stay in caravans on the site
  • the site is five or more acres and there are three or fewer caravans there for 28 days or less a year
  • you’re a member of an organisation like a caravan club and have a caravan exemption certificate
  • your site is approved by an organisation with a caravan exemption certificate
  • members of an exempted organisation stay in their caravans on the site
  • your site is used for a social get-together of caravan club members (a ‘rally’)

Apply online

Also see

Back to top