Skip to main content

Fit and proper person register

New requirement for site managers

Regulations have been introduced which affect site owners and managers. These are the Mobile Homes (Requirement for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020.

The regulations introduce a fit and proper person test and we will need to be satisfied that the owner or manager of a site is a fit and proper person to manage the site. Their details will be added to the register of fit and proper persons, which we publish on-line.

Site owners may need to apply to be added to the register, or to submit the application for their manager.

How to apply

You can complete your application online.

Before you start

  • you will need to upload a copy of your basic Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check with your application, this must be dated no more than six months before the date of the application
  • there is a fee of £132 payable at the time of application, this can be paid as part of the application by credit or debit card
  • read the application guidance for site owners

Apply now

See the register of fit and proper persons >

Further information

Which sites are included?

The regulations cover mobile home and park home sites occupied on a commercial basis including sites which are exclusively residential, and 'mixed use parks' which are used for both residential and holiday purposes. These are sites which require a licence and are not solely for holiday purposes.

The new regulations do not apply to park home sites which are only occupied by the site owner or members of the site owner’s family.

Who will need to apply?

The fit and proper person must be the person with day-to-day responsibility for managing a site, whether that is the site owner or the manager.

What is a fit and proper person?

To be a fit and proper person the applicant needs to demonstrate that there are suitable financial and management arrangements in place to manage the site and comply with licence requirements. We will also be asking for a criminal record check in the form of a basic Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check dated no more than six months before the date of the application, for the person whose name will be on the register. The DBS certificate must be from an approved supplier. Information about how to arrange a DBS check can be found on the GOV.UK website.