Skip to main content

Domestic abuse

If you are in immediate danger at any time of the day or night you should dial 999 to ask for Police assistance.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse and want advice and assistance regarding your housing situation, please contact the Housing Needs team on 01892 526121 or by email to Initially, we can offer you advice on your housing options, and we can do this over the telephone, at the Amelia. We can send any correspondence to a friend or family member’s address if you would like us to do so.

You may wish to contact Women’s Aid who provide a 24 hour free-phone advice line 0808 2000247. They can also help you find a space in a refuge. You can also contact them by email

There are other services that you can contact for help. Please visit the Tunbridge Wells section of the Domestic Abuse Directory for further information and contact details.

Alternatively you may wish to contact DAVSS, our local community based charity supporting male and female victims of domestic abuse in West Kent.