Introducing the Economic Development Team
What does the Economic Development Team do?
We work to improve the economic wellbeing and quality of life of communities and businesses across the borough.
Here's some of the things we do:
Visit Tunbridge Wells
- The Cambridge Economic Impact Report for 2021 (which we commissioned) showed that there were 3.9m visitors, £191m of economic activity, 4,505 jobs, and 39% of people visited friends and relatives
- We produce and distribute 150,000 copies of the Visit Tunbridge Wells miniguide
- 339,000 visits to the VTW website in the last year
- Top countries visiting the VTW website: United KingdomUnited StatesNetherlandsGermanyBelgiumFranceIrelandAustraliaCanadaSpain
Business and Community Support
- 2,302 businesses contacted each month with our business newsletter
- 262 people attended our recruitment event in July, working with Job Centre Plus
- We have secured nearly £1.5m in funding for local projects through the Government's UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- The team has been in contact with approx. 1,600 borough businesses this year (through virtual and face to face meetings, networking and events)
Transport and Public Realm
- £75,000 funding awarded from Active Travel England for local cycle and walking route designs