Skip to main content

Change in circumstances

We need to be told about any changes, as they may affect your Council Tax bill and the amount you need to pay.

Before you start

Examples of things that you need to tell us:

  • if you move house
  • if you are receiving a discount and someone moves in or out
  • if you are receiving a reduction which no longer applies
  • if you changed name (by marriage or deed poll)

If you are receiving Council Tax Support and there is a change in your income or savings, then you'll need to let our Benefits team know.

Start now