Terms and conditions
All sports pitch bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions of hire set out below.
One-off bookings must be paid for in advance by credit or debit card. Payment will be taken as part of the online booking process.
Recurring, multiple, or block bookings can be paid for at the time of booking by credit or debit card, or monthly in arrears by invoice. To pay by invoice, select the ‘Pay later by invoice’ option at the booking review screen.
How to pay
As part of the booking process you can pay securely by debit or credit card.
At The Amelia Scott, Mount Pleasant Road, Royal Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1JN by cash, debit, or credit card. Please quote the booking or invoice number you are paying for. The Amelia staff will be able to assist you.
Our grounds staff cannot accept payments.
Conditions of hire
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Parks Department, North Farm Depot, North Farm Lane, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 3EE
All bookings must be made using our online system. You will receive an email to confirm the details of your booking.
Charges for the facilities shall be as laid down with Tunbridge Wells Borough Council reserving the right to vary them without notice. Our prices increase annually on the 1st of April each year.
Please note the following:
- All cancellations from the hirer must be made online via your booking account, in writing via email, or by contacting the Parks Department on 01892 554031.
- If cancellations are received less than 48 hours before the hire date (and Tunbridge Wells Borough Council are unable to re-let), a cancellation fee of 100% will be charged.
- Cancellation by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council; Tunbridge Wells Borough Council reserves the right to close or prohibit the use of any facilities at its discretion. All monies paid in respect of a booking, cancelled in accordance with this condition will be refunded, but Tunbridge Wells Borough Council will not be liable for any other expenditure incurred or loss sustained directly or indirectly by the hirer, arising from the cancellation.
The use of the facilities or any parts thereof is entirely at the risk of the hirer and Tunbridge Wells Borough Council accepts no responsibility for any loss, claims, actions, demands, proceedings or costs arising out of any claims made by the hirer or against the hirer by a third party. The hirer shall indemnify Tunbridge Wells Borough Council against any such claims, actions, demands, proceedings or costs which may be brought against Tunbridge Wells Borough Council arising out of or incidental to the hire of the facilities and equipment.
All clubs must supply a copy of their insurance cover when they create their online booking account. An account cannot be created without a copy of insurance being provided.
The hirer shall not carry out any alterations to the facilities, nor shall they fix or make fixings (including tape and ties) for any apparatus, equipment, or decoration without the prior permission from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.
The hirer agrees to pay to Tunbridge Wells Borough Council on demand the cost of repairing or making good any loss or damage to any apparatus, equipment, or decoration (fair wear and tear exempt) arising out of or incidental to the hiring.
The hirer is to be responsible for:
- The administration, organisation and hiring. Special arrangements can be made with the management where help is required.
- The supervision and control of all visitors, spectators, and officials.
- Leaving all premises including changing rooms, toilets, showers, and pitch/ground as clean and tidy as possible.
The right to use the facilities or the equipment is not transferable.
No hirer shall grant newspaper, sound or television broadcasting or filming rights without prior written consent of Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. If such consent is given, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council reserves the right to be party to any negotiations and to the terms and conditions of any agreement reached and to share any income and publicity derived there from.
Guests and spectators
All guests and spectators must also comply with these conditions of hire.
Nets and flags
Nets and corner flags are supplied by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. It is the responsibility of the hirer to erect and take these down.
The Nevill Ground
Static nets, electronic scoreboard, and bar facilities need to be booked via Tunbridge Wells Cricket Club. Please contact the club via their website (opens in a new window).