Skip to main content

Tell us about a dead animal

You can use this service to tell us about a dead animal that you find on the road or in a public space.

Animals we can remove include cats, dogs, foxes, badgers, hedgehogs and other similar sized animals. Anything bigger than a badger will need to be reported to National Highways on 0300 123 5000.

Before you start

We cannot remove dead animals from private properties or private land which includes residents' gardens.

Start now

Car accidents involving animals

If you have a car accident involving an animal, you should report it to the police, particularly if you hit a:

  • dog
  • horse or donkey
  • cow or cattle
  • pig
  • goat
  • sheep

You must do this as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.

Reporting an injured animal

You can report an injured animal on the RSPCA website or by calling their helpline on 0300 1234 999.