The Council has enacted its business continuity plans and is redeploying staff to priority services.

Please check our Coronavirus updates page for the latest information about Council services.

Councillor Code of Conduct

The Council has adopted a code of conduct as part of the constitution that sets out rules governing the behaviour of its councillors.

The code of conduct covers areas of individual behaviour such as councillors not abusing their position or not misusing the Council’s resources. In addition, there are rules governing disclosure of interest and withdrawal from meetings where councillors have relevant interests. Councillors are also required to record on the public register their financial and other interests.

If you want to complain that a councillor has failed to comply with the code of conduct, you should complete the complaints form.

Councillors' Annual Reports and Register of Member's interests

The purpose of the Annual Report is to provide an opportunity for councillors to demonstrate their engagement with community development and consultation.

The Register of Member's Interests includes interests councillors' may have as a result of their council role such as representing the Council on outside bodies but also interests that they may have external to their role on the Council - for example, councillors may hold business or professional interests, belong to political parties or be members of certain organisations.

To view each councillors' interests and annual report please visit the individual members page.

Notification of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests Form (175.3 KB)

Notification of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests Form (29.8 KB)

Members' Allowance and Expenses Scheme

The Council has an allowance and expenses scheme for members consisting of:

  • a basic allowance paid to all members;
  • a travel and subsistence allowance; and
  • a special responsibility allowance.

Please see allowances and expenses for more information.

Complaints about Councillors

If you wish to make a complaint about a councillor please complete the Complaint Form, or alternatively for further advice please contact the Monitoring Officer via email or telephone 01892 554257.

A - Z of council services