Skip to main content

Planning Policy Brownfield Register Privacy Notice

Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells


Telephone: 01892 526121

Contact information such as your name, email, telephone number and postal address.

For compliance with a legal obligation. There is a government requirement for local planning authorities to compile and publish a Brownfield Register, listing all brownfield sites considered suitable and available for housing development, having regard to criteria set out in Regulation 4 of the Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017.

The Brownfield Register comprises a standard set of information that must be reviewed annually and made publicly available.

Part 1 of the Brownfield Register consists of a list of sites which are extant planning permissions and appropriate site allocations from the Tunbridge Wells Site Allocations Local Plan 2016 only.

Part 1 may also include sites put forward for inclusion on the Register, via the submission of an online Brownfield Register Site Submission Form.

Any sites submitted will be considered for inclusion at the next scheduled annual review date.

Objective, our consultation portal software providers, will also store your information for support purposes only.

Maidstone Borough Council stores your information on our behalf.

By submitting your details on line via the above Brownfield Register Site Submission Form, some details may be made available for public viewing through the preparation and publication of the Brownfield Register.

However, personal details such as your name and contact details will not be made publicly available on the Register.

We may use your details to contact you with any queries in relation to the site and/or to arrange a site visit where necessary.

We won't use your details for any other purposes without your consent, or without telling you first.

Sometimes we have to give your details to other authorities, organisations or people. This would be for the prevention or detection of crime, or because of legal matters, for example. We don't need your consent to do this, but if we can, we'll let you know if we've passed your information on.

  • Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the council.
  • Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
  • Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
  • Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
  • Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
  • Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.

We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will keep it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires, we will delete your information from our records.

See our Retention Schedule for further details.

What security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?

We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration, or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.

We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.

There are no automated decisions in this process.

If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.

What are cookies and why are they used?

Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience.

View what cookies we use and how you can manage them on our privacy and cookies page.

If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:


For independent advice about data protection, privacy, and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:

Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.

Alternatively, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website or email