Housing Register proofs checklist
When you make a Housing Register application online, it will not be processed until you provide copies of all of the following documents if they are relevant to you.
- photo identification for all applicants (including children): copy of passport, driving licence and so on - please do not just send photographs.
- proof of residence - applicants to provide a recent copy of one of the following:
- rent card/book / tenancy agreement
- recent bill or credit payment book for gas, electricity, water supply, Council Tax and so on
- confirmation from employer or DWP
- notice to quit, Section 21 or property repossession if applicable
- if you are living with friends or family and have been asked to leave, please provide evidence of this
- proof of income - provide all of these that are relevant to you and each member of your household aged over 16 years;
- last three wage slips
- current statements from all bank/savings accounts (not summaries)
- proof of all benefits received for example Income support, Disability Living Allowance, Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment, Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseekers Allowance
- if you are applying for housing and own your own home, you will need to provide us with a current valuation for the property and your most recent mortgage statement if you still have a mortgage. If a property has been sold within the last three years, please provide details of the sum received from the sale.
- if you have children living with you proof of the following is needed:
- Child Benefit / Child Tax and Working Tax Credits
- custody or residence order or a letter from your solicitor if applicable
- If you are pregnant, please provide a copy of your maternity notes which show your estimated delivery date or your MAT B1 certificate which your doctor/midwife will give you when you are 24 weeks pregnant.
Sending documents and timescale
Please send us any outstanding documents within 14 days, by email to email@example.com
Anything you send to us needs to be in a clear and readable format, in portrait view, and the file size needs to be below 4MB.
If we do not receive your documents within this timescale, your application cannot be processed and may be cancelled.
Please do not post any original documents or passports to us as we are unable to guarantee their safe return to you.
If you have any queries or require further information, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org