Sports pitch booking privacy notice
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Mount Pleasant Road
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Telephone: 01892 526121
We collect information from you when you visit our website (opens in a new window); also when you contact us in writing, provide evidence, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or talk to us face to face.
We collect personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number(s). Record of fee payments (excluding debit/credit card details).
We collect this information to provide you with a service you have requested from us by registering for an online sports pitch booking account. You can withdraw your consent for us to use this information at any time, and we will stop using it. But please be aware that we may be unable to continue providing you with the sports pitching booking service if you do so.
We collect your information to enable us to provide you with an online sports pitch booking account. Your account will allow you to:
- view sports pitch availability
- make, update, or cancel a sports pitch booking(s)
- receive updates about your booking(s), such as cancellation due to poor weather
- make a payment for your sports pitch booking(s)
- view and update the personal information we hold about you
We will only share your information and any updates with other departments within Tunbridge Wells Borough Council involved in providing sports pitch bookings. Their privacy notices are available on our website.
The information we collect will be stored by Maidstone Borough Council on our behalf. View Maidstone Borough Council's privacy information (opens in a new window).
It will also be stored by our software and online payment providers, these are:
- Civica (online payments) - view the Civica Privacy Notice (opens in a new window).
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than those that we are contracted with without your consent.
- Access - you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification - you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion - you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability - you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing - you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions - you have to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Once we no longer need it, we will retain it for a set period (a retention period) but not use it. When the retention period expires we will delete your information from our records. If you would like to know the retention periods for our most common forms of information, please see our Retention Schedule or Record of Processing Activity on our website.
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us.
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
There are no automated decisions in this process.
If you are accessing online services and are aged 13 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them on our privacy and cookies page.
If you would like to make a complaint about the use of your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection Act, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Alternatively, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website or email email@example.com