Driver training module - EQUO
To ensure we are compliant with the statutory taxi and private hire vehicle standards, we have introduced an additional mandatory test to evaluate a driver’s understanding of:
- child sexual exploitation and safeguarding
- disability awareness
- gangs and county lines
The training and test will be undertaken at our offices using a third-party software product. All new applicants and future renewal drivers will be required to undertake this for a one-off fee. For details of the fee, please see our fees and charges page.
How to book
You can make your test booking request online.
Before you start
Before making your first test booking, you will need to have made your payment of £66 and have your receipt ready to upload. Cash or debit card payments can be made using the payment kiosk at our Gateway in Tunbridge Wells. If the payment kiosk is not working, then a chip and pin payment can be made at the front desk, or by calling 01892 526121 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). If calling, please indicate you need to speak to someone who can take a card payment and give the code B10/5390 EV0422.
- if you are booking a re-test you will need your reference number, this starts with FS-CASE and can be found on your first booking confirmation email
- on receipt of your booking request, a member of the licensing team will email you within five working days confirming the date and time of your test appointment
- if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, you must notify the licensing team at least two working days before the date of your test
About the test
On the day of your test you will need to produce your identification and, if applicable, evidence demonstrating your right to work in the taxi and private hire sector as set out in the acceptable documents list. If you fail to provide evidence, you will not be permitted to sit the test.
You should allow up to two and a half hours for the test.
The test covers three subject areas. Candidates are required to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of disability awareness, child sexual exploitation, and gangs and county lines.
- disability awareness training takes between 45 and 75 minutes, depending on the individual
- child sexual exploitation training takes between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the individual
- gangs and county lines training takes between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the individual
To achieve a pass an applicant must score at least 75% in all categories.
To assist you in passing the test, revision materials will be sent by email (on receipt of payment) along with the confirmation of your test date. Allow yourself sufficient time to prepare and study for the test.
Your results will be sent to your supplied email address, normally within five working days.