Solar Together group-buying scheme is back
Cut carbon emissions and save on energy bills.
Another opportunity to join a group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage is now open.
We are working in partnership with other Kent councils and independent experts iChoosr, to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
The Solar Together scheme is once again offering borough residents the opportunity to join others in a group-buying arrangement which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points. It also offers retrofit battery storage for residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate as well as increase their independence from the grid.
It is free to register and there is no obligation to go ahead with installation.
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
You can find more information and register at Solar Together website.
Registration closes 26 May 2023.