Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment
The Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA), dated January 2021, provides an assessment of all the sites considered as part of the preparation of the Pre-Submission Local Plan.
The full SHELAA document can be viewed below, with site assessment sheets grouped by parish or settlement.
Site plans for each individual site assessed by the Council in the SHELAA are provided alongside their respective site assessment sheet. However, all sites can also be found on the Pre-Submission Local Plan SHELAA Interactive Map for reference.
NB: There is an addendum to the list of assessed Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Parish Sites which provides the site assessment for Land to west of Tilsden Lane, Cranbrook (Reference: DPC23) – see Key Documents below.
Sites are recorded as falling into one of the following categories:
- Call for Site sites (numbered between 1 - 461);
- Late Sites (prefixed ‘LS’ on the interactive map) received after the Call for Sites closed, but prior to 22 February 2019;
- Draft Local Plan submissions (prefixed DPC) submitted during the Regulation 18 consultation;
- Further Sites (prefixed ‘FS’) submitted between 22 February 2019 – June 2020, not including those sites submitted during the Regulation 18 Draft Local Plan consultation;
- Pre-Submission Local Plan allocations not falling into above categories (prefixed ‘PSLP’);
- Site Allocations Local Plan (2016) sites previously allocated for 10 or more dwellings which were not submitted but have not yet been developed (prefixed ‘SALP’); and,
- Strategic Sites Options (prefixed by settlement reference).
Some documents on this page may not be in an accessible format. If you require any documents in an accessible format, please complete our online form to request them.