Benefits of working here
In recognition of the hard work and commitment that our staff show while working with us, we offer a number of benefits.
As well as an attractive basic salary within a clear pay structure, while working with us you can take advantage of a number of financial benefits.
Some of the financial benefits of working at Tunbridge Wells Borough Council include:
- The opportunity to influence your own annual salary increase based on your contribution to the role and organisation.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, which includes life assurance for you and your family, 13.7% employer contribution and the option to take early retirement from the age of 55.
- Generous leave entitlement between 22 and 40 days, depending on your grade and length of continuous service. This is also supplemented with public holidays and other leave provisions.
- Rail season ticket as well as car loans.
As an employer we recognise the value of our people and care about helping our staff develop. Staff are encouraged to take up opportunities for continued professional development through regular one to one reviews and a personalised development plan.
Some examples of our development opportunities include:
- specific on the job training
- professional qualification funding
- management and leadership programmes.
- management coaching
- vocational studies
- corporate training schemes
- regular workshops
- community volunteering days
Staff wellbeing is important to us at Tunbridge Wells Borough Council in ensuring a healthy work-life balance for all. Each year our Healthy Lifestyles team arrange a healthy living week to encourage staff to get active and keep fit.
However we don’t just stop there, we also offer a number of benefits throughout the year to help our staff to stay well. Find out more
Some of these benefits include:
- free annual flu vaccinations
- subsidised eye tests
- a cycle to work scheme
- employee assistance program offering a free confidential advisory and counselling service to help employees with any personal, work or family issues they may face
Let's Enjoy Ourselves
Our staff club, LEO (Let’s Enjoy Ourselves) is run by staff for staff, offering a diverse range of activities, such as the annual family BBQ and regular Dress Down Friday events in aid of local charities.
LEO has something to offer all of our staff, whether it’s a game of six-aside football or cricket in some of the boroughs outstanding grounds, an after work run through the picturesque parks or even an evening of band practice with the LEO Band in preparation for the Christmas Party, there is sure to be something here for you.
If we have piqued your interest and you would like to be a part of our thriving and innovative organisation, we'd love to hear from you, so why not check out our current vacancies to see if there's an opportunity here for you!
We know the importance of recognising colleagues who go above and beyond in their work and for the wider community. In appreciation of this we not only reward our long serving staff at regular intervals in their careers, but we also operate an employee of the month scheme all year round.
As a wider organisation staff are nominated by their peers and managers for the annual staff awards, which celebrate those who have made outstanding contributions to the organisation and the community.