£150 Council Tax Energy Rebate
The council has been allocated a small amount of funding to provide support to energy bill payers through a discretionary energy rebate scheme.
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Members have agreed a scheme to provide targeted support to vulnerable households who were not eligible for the main energy rebate scheme and to provide top up payments to working age customers in receipt of Band 1 Council Tax Support.
We'll be awarding discretionary energy rebate payments to the following groups:
- £150 to those in bands E – H who are in receipt Council Tax Support (Bands 1 – 5)
- £150 to those in bands F – H who have a disabled banding and are not in receipt of Council Tax Support
- £150 to those in bands E – H who are in receipt of a Severely Mentally Impaired disregard and are not in receipt of Council Tax Support
- £150 to those in bands E - H who are in receipt of a Carers Disregard and are not in receipt of Council Tax Support
- £48 to those in bands A – D who are in receipt of Band 1 Council Tax Support
A maximum of one discretionary payment will be made per eligible property.
For those who are eligible and pay their Council Tax by Direct Debit, or have already successfully applied for and received their £150 main energy rebate into their bank account, the rebates have been paid automatically.
All other eligible residents will be contacted and invited to apply for the rebate online, using the link below.
Apply for the discretionary rebate
To complete this form, you will need:
- to be on the eligibility list
- your 9 digit Council Tax account number
- your bank details if you would like a payment direct to your bank account
If you’re in debt to your energy supplier, you might be able to get a grant to help pay it off.
You may be able to get other kinds of support to pay your energy bills, including:
- a £650 Cost of Living Payment for households on means tested benefits
- a £300 Pensioner Cost of Living Payment, to be paid alongside the Winter Fuel Payment
- a £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment for people who get certain disability benefits
- help from the Household Support Fund from Kent County Council
Energy rebate scheme
The application process has now closed.
If you are eligible to receive this rebate but have not completed an application form, the £150 will be credited to your Council Tax account during August and September.