Mid Kent Environmental Health
Guidance for outdoor attractions opening up on the 12 April 2021.
What do I need to do?
Carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment to determine the hazards and risk associated with your business.
- Step 1 - Identify hazards
- Step 2 - Identify who can be harmed
- Step 3 – Assess the risk
- Step 4 - Implement control measures
- Step 5 – Review regularly
Check out the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for guidance on risk assessments.
You should look at government guidance for your specific industry regularly as you prepare to restart activities as it can change quickly.
You should follow any advice and guidance given by your trade association or equivalent.
12 April 2021
Central government has been clear in their message that the dates suggested for each phase of the reopening is a guide only. The actual dates that each stage occur will be informed by data and subject to four distinct tests.
|Ensure you are Covid-secure.|
|Follow social distancing rules.|
|Up to 6 people or 2 households only.|
|Wear a face covering unless eating or drinking.|
|Toilet facilities are ok to use.|
|Outdoor shelter walls must be at least 50% open. Pods and igloos are not permitted.|
|Onsite hospitality outdoors only and table service.|
|Don’t allow groups of people to mix.|
|Don’t allow customers to use the indoor facilities (except for toilets).|
|Don’t exceed your maximum capacity. Keep your customers safe!|
Points to consider
- How will you ensure gatherings do not form on or outside your premises?
- Have you worked out your maximum capacity? How will you monitor this?
- Do you need to have a pre-booking system?
- How will you ensure social distancing? Especially when customers are consuming alcohol?
- Do you have sufficient PPE?
- Do you have hand sanitiser?
- How and when will you sanitise any equipment?
- How will you prevent toilets from becoming crowded?
- Do you have a test and trace system in place?
- Do you need a one-way system?
- Download your signage from our posters and signs for businesses page
These guides are offered as helpful but largely general information on principles that you should follow in your sector. It is important that you consider your own premises and business individually and put any appropriate measures to make your business Covid-secure.
Contact for advice
Mid Kent Environmental Health Services