Organised outdoor sports
Mid Kent Environmental Health
Guidance for organised outdoor sports opening up on the 29 March 2021.
What do I need to do?
Carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment to determine the hazards and risk associated with your business.
- Step 1 - Identify hazards
- Step 2 - Identify who can be harmed
- Step 3 – Assess the risk
- Step 4 - Implement control measures
- Step 5 – Review regularly
Check out the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for guidance on risk assessments.
You should look at government guidance regularly as you prepare to restart activities as it can change quickly.
You should follow any advice and guidance given by your sport’s governing body.
29 March 2021
Central government has been clear in their message that the dates suggested for each phase of the reopening is a guide only. The actual dates that each stage occur will be informed by data and subject to four distinct tests.
|Check toilet facilities are ok to use.|
|Ensure you are Covid-secure.|
|Wear a face covering if going inside.|
|Ensure that you follow contact tracing rules.|
|Don't use changing rooms.|
|Don’t allow spectators including parents of participants, or groups to mingle.|
|Do not use indoor facilities or outdoor hospitality seating.|
Points to consider
- How are you going to ensure toilets do not become
- How will you ensure social distancing?
- Do you have sufficient PPE?
- Do you have hand sanitiser?
- Do you have a track and trace system in place?
- Download your signage from our posters and signs for businesses page
Contact for advice
Mid Kent Environmental Health Services