Indoor sports and leisure facilities
Mid Kent Environmental Health
Guidance for indoor sports and leisure facilities opening up on the 12 April 2021.
What do I need to do?
Carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment to determine the hazards and risk associated with your business.
- Step 1 - Identify hazards
- Step 2 - Identify who can be harmed
- Step 3 – Assess the risk
- Step 4 - Implement control measures
- Step 5 – Review regularly
Check out the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for guidance on risk assessments.
You should look at government guidance for your specific industry regularly as you prepare to restart activities as it can change quickly.
You should follow any advice and guidance given by your trade association or equivalent.
12 April 2021
Central government has been clear in their message that the dates suggested for each phase of the reopening is a guide only. The actual dates that each stage occur will be informed by data and subject to four distinct tests.
|Ensure you are Covid-secure.|
|Wash hands regularly.|
|Follow social distancing rules.|
|Wear a face covering except when participating in sport/activities.|
|Use NHS QR Code Test and Trace and have a non-digital backup.|
|Up to 6 people or 2 households per group only.|
|Ensure that toilet facilities and frequent touch points (handrails and doors) are cleaned regularly. Clean gym equipment between uses.|
|Don’t allow groups to mix.|
|Don’t allow gatherings of people at your facility.|
Points to consider
- How will you ensure gatherings do not form?
- How will you ensure social distancing?
- How will you ensure people stay in their groups?
- Consider a pre-booking system to limit numbers in attendance
- Do you have sufficient PPE?
- Do you have hand sanitiser?
- How and when will you sanitise any equipment?
- How will you monitor changing facilities and toilets to prevent gatherings?
- Do you have a test and trace system in place?
- Download your signage from our posters and signs for businesses page
Contact for advice
Mid Kent Environmental Health Services