Close contact services
Mid Kent Environmental Health
Guidance for close contact service businesses opening up on the 12 April 2021.
What do I need to do?
Carry out a Covid-19 risk assessment to determine the hazards and risk associated with your business.
- Step 1 - Identify hazards
- Step 2 - Identify who can be harmed
- Step 3 – Assess the risk
- Step 4 - Implement control measures
- Step 5 – Review regularly
Check out the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for guidance on risk assessments.
You should look at government guidance regularly as you prepare to restart activities as it can change quickly.
You should follow any advice and guidance given by your sport’s governing body.
12 April 2021
Central government has been clear in their message that the dates suggested for each phase of the reopening is a guide only. The actual dates that each stage occur will be informed by data and subject to four distinct tests.
|Ensure you are Covid-secure.|
|Wash hands regularly.|
|Follow social distancing rules.|
|Wear the correct PPE for your specific industry.|
Follow contact tracing rules.
Use QR code and have a non digital option.
|Do not allow gatherings of people on your premises.|
|Do not allow groups of people to access your service unless in the same household.|
Points to consider
- How will you ensure gatherings do not form on your premises?
- How will you ensure social distancing?
- Consider using appointments for your services if you don’t already
- Consider consistent pairing system of staff
- Do you have sufficient PPE?
- Do you have hand sanitiser?
- How and when will you sanitise any equipment?
- Do you have a test and trace system in place?
- Download your signage from our posters and signs for businesses page