Take advantage of a range of free one to one business support and advice for your business offered through the West Kent Partnership, including:
- personalised 1-2-1 consultation meetings with experts from the National Centre for Micro Business
- free live webchat provided by the Kent and Medway Growth Hub, for immediate business advice with experts who have 30 years' experience (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
- information on grants and funding for borough businesses
Better Business for All is a local partnership that bridges the gap between businesses and bureaucracy, saving you time to concentrate on what really matters in your business.
Research is a major part of business planning. Suitable resources include the British Library Business Centre and the Kent Libraries Business research as well as Ask a Kent Librarian, and the various business Chambers.
Which Franchise offer a range of franchise opportunities.
- Hospitality and tourism businesses can obtain help from Visit Kent Business. Check out the business page on the Visit Tunbridge Wells website for current programmes of support too including the 4 year long Interreg Experience project.
- For food businesses, our Environmental Health Team are a great help and there is also the Food Standards Agency, who provide very good business guidance for food hygiene.
- Trading standards advice for businesses can be found at the Business Companion website.
- Practical tax and financial record keeping is covered by the HM Revenue and Customs web pages including webinars.
- The Department for International Trade provides a range of advice and activities to help get all SME's exporting including a face to face meeting with an expert trade adviser.
- Open to Export is a free interactive portal where companies can find country/market information, seek advice from other exporters and exchange ideas.
- Export Savvy is available as an on-line learning tool for businesses who want to learn more about doing business overseas.
- Kent International Business (KIB) is a Kent-wide initiative which aims to encourage Kent businesses to access overseas markets and to provide information, advice and support to help them do so. For export support activities see Upcoming Events
- Do you want to expand to China, India or any other part of Asia? Check out the useful and easy business guidance first from Asia House.
- Those in the science and technology industries can obtain guidance and support from Innovate UK
The Kent Healthy Business Award
Healthy Staff = Healthy Business. In April 2014 the Government established a Health and Work Service, a free occupational health service to SMEs. A £500 tax exemption per employee for any health intervention recommended by either this service or another occupational service has been introduced. Check KCC Healthy Business web pages.
Support in dealing with unpaid invoices
Help is at hand from The Office of the Small Business Commissioner. In order to help small businesses with this tricky issue The Commissioner will:
- support small businesses to resolve payment disputes;
- tackle the unfair payment practices of larger businesses that adversely affect many small businesses.
Visit small business commissioner to find out more, as well as how to take action if a payment is overdue.
Business Support events and news
Our Business Support Events page has details on helpful business seminars, workshops and business advice sessions - many are free.
Follow us on Twitter to keep in contact for the latest local business news landing right in front of you @TWBC_Business.
Please note organisations listed here are not necessarily endorsed or vetted by us neither are we responsible for the quality of business advice or service provided.