Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Domestic Abuse

If you are experiencing domestic abuse and want advice and assistance regarding your housing situation, please contact the Housing Needs Team on 01892 526 121 or via Initially, we can offer you advice on your housing options, we can do this over the telephone, at the office or if it is more convenient for you at a friend or family members home. We are also able to send any correspondence to a friend or family members address if required. An out of hours emergency service is also available.

Alternatively you may prefer to contact other services such as Women’s Aid who provide a 24 hour freephone advice line. Our community safety unit may also be helpful, their website has a section on domestic abuse and details local agencies and contacts.

The Kent County Council Supported Housing service can also provide practical support.

If you are in immediate danger you should dial 999 to ask for Police assistance.

A - Z of council services