Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Out of Hours and Emergencies

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council operates an out of hours service for genuine emergencies only. These might include reporting a serious accident at work or a request for emergency housing. We can also deal with missing or found dogs.

Situations that the Council doesn't deal with as emergencies:

  • On-going noise problems
  • Pest control
  • Faulty street lights
  • Graffiti (if a crime is in progress please contact the police)
  • Racial harassment (if a crime is in progress please contact the police)

The majority of requests can be made on our website, and will be passed to the relevant department directly.

Noise Complaints

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council only operates an out of hours service to cover emergency problems, which includes noise affecting a large number of people such as intruder and car alarms or noisy parties about which a large number of individual complaints are received. All other noise complaints should be reported using our online form.

The Council does not operate a call out service for dealing with noise complaints which are already being investigated, or which can be reported during office hours for investigation.

Please be aware that the out of hour’s duty officer will be responding from home so it may take some time to arrive at the site.

Contact the out of hours service on 01892 515392

In the event of an emergency you should contact the police by calling 999

During most major emergencies and particularly chemical related major emergencies, the initial instructions from the emergency services is for residents in the affected area to:

Go in - Stay in - Tune in

You should:

  • Go immediately indoors.
  • Close all windows.
  • Avoid cellars and basements.
  • Tune into the radio.
  • Regular updates will be given, including the all clear once the emergency is over.

Severe Weather

The Met Office provide advice on what to expect and how to prepare for severe weather on their website. The latest severe weather warnings are provided below.

Alert TypeDescriptionPublished Date

There are no current weather warnings for this area

Our Severe Weather Service Updates page provides information about changes to council services during periods of severe weather.


The Environment Agency provide practical advice on preparing for a flood and what to do during and after a flood on their website Environment Agency - Flooding. You can also view a flood warnings and river levels map.

Local Media

Emergency Plan

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council has (in conjunction with Kent County Council) certain responsibilities and powers to make, keep under review and revise plans to cope with the effects of a major civil emergency within all or part of the Borough. Further information can be found on our Emergency Plan page.

< previous next >
A - Z of council services