Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed. See our Changes to Council services page for services’ status and our Coronavirus updates section for latest information.

Caravan and Camping Sites

Apply For A Licence

In order to apply for a Caravan and Camping Site Licence you will need to apply to the council. You will need to have planning permission for a Caravan and Camping Site before you can apply for a licence.

The council issues licences for Camping and Caravan Sites.

You don’t need a licence to run a caravan site if:

  • forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers) stay in caravans on the site
  • the site is 5 or more acres and there are 3 or less caravans there for 28 days or less a year
  • you’re a member of an organisation like a caravan club and have a caravan exemption certificate
  • your site is approved by an organisation with a caravan exemption certificate
  • members of an exempted organisation stay in their caravans on the site
  • your site is used for a social get-together of caravan club members (a ‘rally’)
A - Z of council services